Sound loops are typically lighweight audio files that repeat seamlessly to provide a background effect. Creating them poses several challenges:
- Short loops become monotonous, while long loops take too much time to download
- Loops should reinforce the message, not distract from it
- A good loop will have a smooth transition as it repeats
Poison Dart Frog Media "Jungle Loop"
This first loop is from my original business website, Poison Dart Frog Media. I improvised some music on my African marimba. I added some recordings of birds. Lastly, I bought a dozen crickets from the pet store, raised them to maturity, and mixed their chirps into the loop.
Blues Guitar Riff
Here's a guitar riff I composed for an old online portfolio. The UI had complementary sounds. You'll hear one such sound when you play, then pause, this clip.
- Marimba, guitar
- Original jungle recordings
- Live crickets
- Adobe Audition to record, edit, and export the audio