Gender Personal (GenderPersonal.org) is the creation of Seattle artist Jacqui Beck. It’s an exploration and celebration of gender variance. When her teenage child came out as transgender, Jacqui interviewed 8 gender-variant people to learn more. She then turned to her painting and poetry as a means to express what she was learning.
After meeting Jacqui through a mutual friend, I decided to lend a hand to the project, contributing my skills as a web designer-developer and also as a photographer.
I designed, developed, and administered the resulting WordPress website. I helped create HTML emails for the project, and set up a Facebook page to connect with the gender-variant communities, funding sources, and the public.
- WordPress development including creating a child theme, modifying CSS and PHP
- Graphic design
- Consultation on all content
- Writing and copy editing
- Photography of all 8 people who were interviewed
- Facebook setup and maintenance
- HTML email production and administration
- Hand-coding of HTML5, CSS, and PHP
- Adobe Audition (for audio recordings to be added in the future)
- Photography tools (camera, lenses, Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop)