My website client Carolyn Koehnline wanted to give prospective clients a sense of her psychotherapeutic style. Since she uses guided visualization in her work, I suggested offering one exercise as a video.
YouTube integrates easily with websites and social media, and its built-in search engine
affords excellent visibility. Straightforward but effective, the video provides a personalized experience in a popular format.
View the guided visualization:
- Educated the client about the roles of various social media and helped her select YouTube as the most appropriate medium for her needs
- Set up lighting, backdrop, video camera, and auxiliary audio recorder
- Coached the client about performing on-camera
- Recorded video and audio
- Created opening and closing titles
- Edited, uploaded final product, and embedded it on the client’s website
- DSLR with HD video recording capability
- Digital audio recorder
- Adobe Audition (sound editing program)
- To embed the YouTube on the client’s website: WordPress, CSS, and HTML